lab chemical bottles


UCF EH&S maintains a Federal Explosives License for the university issued through the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms. Anyone who has actual or constructive possession of regulated explosives materials used in conjunction with research or teaching activities needs to register with EHS to be added as a possessor on the license.   This includes the manufacturer or synthesis of small amounts of regulated materials.

New possessors are responsible for additional facility controls or storage magazines requirements. These vary based on the types and use of the explosives.

For more information, see

The Florida Department of Financial Services, Division of State Fire Marshal also requires training and examination for explosives holders and users.  The SFM issues annual permits.  

For more information see



Chemical Safety

Main Phone: 407-823-6300 Fax:407-823-1219

3512 Perseus Loop
Bldg 48, Laboratory and Environmental Support
Orlando, FL 32816-3500

Sandra Hick
Chemical Safety & Security Coordinator